Contracts & Subcontracts

Contracts - Overview

The Contracts Section drafts, reviews, and negotiates a number of different types of contracts between the University and outside entities. These include:

  • All incoming Contracts/Subcontracts for sponsored research (*except for industry sponsored human subjects research).
  • All outgoing Subcontracts for sponsored research.
  • All incoming Fee-For-Service contracts.

Not sure which office handles a particular type of contract? Refer to the Contract Signature Matrix for guidance.

Click here for Materials Transfer Agreements (MTA).

What is the difference between a contract and subcontract?

Incoming Contracts/subcontracts for sponsored research are used when the University is being paid to perform research for an outside sponsor. Please refer to the Contracts page of the website if a contract is needed.

Outgoing Subcontracts are used are used when CU Denver is purchasing research services from an external source or vendor, such as another university, with funds from an external sponsor, such as National Institutes of Health. Please refer to the Subcontracts page if you need an outgoing subcontract.

Fee-for-Service contracts are now reviewed through the Contracts office. Fee-for-Service contracts are used when UC Denver is providing a service to an outside entity, but that service is not research.

​Contracting Services Team

Service Emails