Payment Process REMINDER
As the campuses continue to work remote with limited personnel on campus, below is a reminder on the Financial Service processes to handle deposits/payments. As a reminder, if your team comes on campus to handle deposits/payments, each campus’ protocols must be followed. Please refer to the campus websites for guidance.
CU ANSCHUTZ MEDICAL CAMPUS
CHECKS – Auxiliary/Sponsored Projects/Unrestricted Funds/Other
- CU Denver – Finance Office will continue to collect checks from Schools. You can drop them in the Finance mail box A005/129 at Lawrence Street or contact Ryan Yu to set up a time for delivery. *** NOTE: You can also drop off Denver checks at CU Anschutz if more convenient.***
- CU Anschutz – We will continue to collect checks at the Police department on Mondays – pick up will be between 10:00am and 10:30am. See below for address and location within the Police department.
Please follow these processes for checks at both campuses (no cash and no credit card payments).
Please include the checks attached via paperclip (no staples please) to a completed Cash Receipt Form. The same requirements should be followed for check deposits.
Cash should be limited in the Schools. If you have cash that needs to be deposited, please contact Debra Dorsey at 303-315-1820 to make arrangements.
- At CU Anschutz Medical Campus, Debra will be in the office (Ed 2 North) on Fridays but appointments must be made for cash deposits.
- At CU Denver, the Bursar's Office is not open to the public and is focused on student payment only. If cash deposit is needed, staff are available on Mondays and Thursdays from 9:00am - 11:30am and 12:30pm-4:00pm. You will need to stop at the Lynx Central and they will call the Bursar staff to assist you.
Schools/units should work with the Treasury Office to establish a storefront to accept credit card payments. See information at https://www.cu.edu/store. The Bursar’s Office should not accept credit card payments from departments. If you have a unique exception, please contact one of the following.
As you all know, it has been standard process for all gift donations to go directly to CU Advancement office and/or CU Foundation. Financial Services is not to be involved with gift/donation checks. Each campus’ Advancement office provided instructions below.
CU Anschutz Medical Campus
The following options continue to exist:
- Wire Transfer (*preferred method*) – Please contact Nicole Rodriguez for wire information.
- Giving website – If donors are unable to find the fund they want to give to, they can use the write-in option.
- Check (least preferred) – Mail to the following address.
University of Colorado Foundation
P.O. Box 17126
Denver, CO 80217-9155
For any questions, please contact: Nicole Rodriguez, Benefactor Relations
P: 303-724-6291 | C: 303-718-3815
CU Denver Campus
As we begin FY 2021 and continue to be in a primarily remote work environment, the Office of Advancement is providing continued guidance on how best to deposit cash and check gifts via CU Foundation. Please share this guidance with others in your college or unit that may receive checks or gifts to be processed by the CU Foundation. We appreciate your partnership in ensuring gifts are processed in a timely fashion as a best practice for university finances and good donor stewardship.
- It is most efficient for donors to make their gifts directly to the CU Foundation. Please encourage donors to visit www.giving.cu.edu to find their desired fund or use the “write-in option”.
- Alternatives to online giving can be found on the CU Foundation’s Guide to Giving site.
- To give by credit card via phone, call CU Foundation at 303-541-1290
- To give by check, please mail to CU Foundation
University of Colorado Foundation
P.O. Box 17126
Denver, CO 80217-9155
- If you receive a check, please send it directly to the CU Foundation at the above address. Please include any enclosures (letter from the donor etc.) or add your own note – your business card, info on when and where the check was received, where it should be directed etc. to ensure it is properly allocated. Do not hold onto checks or wait to pass them off to the Office of Advancement. Advancement can provide business reply envelopes to be used to forward checks to the CU Foundation.
Office of Advancement staff continue to work remotely and use limited weekly office hours to facilitate check processing in coordination with CU Foundation. If a check cannot be deposited using the method described above, or if a cash gift is received, please contact the Office of Advancement and make arrangements to coordinate a gift deposit as soon as possible.
For questions or to make specific arrangements, please contact Megan Welch at 203-455-4515.
CU ANSHCUTZ CHECK DROP OFF – POLICE DEPARTMENT LOCATION
- Checks can be dropped off at any time.
- Pickup is Mondays between 10:00am and 10:30am
- Police Department is located at Building 407 – 12454 E. 19th Place
- A secured locker is installed on a wall in the lobby – vent cut out to allow for a mail drop.
- Secured locker is located along the east wall between the drinking fountain and the green drug drop box. See picture below.
- If anyone has difficulty accessing the lobby, there is a sign on the door with our dispatch number to call 303-724-4444 for entry.
Any questions about the Anschutz Medical Campus check deposit process please contact Shanelle Roquemore.
NIH Virtual Seminar – Fall 2020
New to the world of NIH grants? Mark your calendar for October 27-30 for the Fall 2020 NIH Virtual Seminar
on Program Funding and Grants Administration, 4 days of sessions and an on-demand video library! Registration is FREE. More info coming soon!
Fund 35 Requests
Starting Monday September 21, 2020 School of Medicine is launching a new process for requesting new Fund 35 speedtypes using electronic form. The goal is to have a smoother, more efficient process for requesting Fund 35 speedtypes. Key items featured within the electronic form are:
- Back-up Documentation (easily attached directly to form)
- Org-Sponsored Projects/Gifts (drop down selection)
- Budget Distribution (by fiscal year)
- Requestor Notifications (submission, error, completion)
The link to access the Fund 35 Request form will be available on the SOM Administrative Toolbox website. There you will find additional resources and helpful information pertaining to Fund 35s.
NCURA Subrecipient Monitoring Webinar
Financial Services and RAIN are partnering to provide free access to an upcoming NCURA webinar entitled “Subawards and Subrecipient Monitoring.” The webinar will be held on October 15 at noon
To register for the webinar, you will need an NCURA profile. To create a profile, please click here
. Once a profile has been established, you can register for the webinar by clicking this link
Please do not share this link
with non-university employees. If you are unable to attend, NCURA will provide a recording of the webinar about a week after the event.
Subrecipient monitoring is a critical component of award management and is subject to audit review. 2 CFR 200.331 details the responsibilities of pass-through entities in issuing subaward agreements and monitoring subrecipients. This webinar will take a deep dive into the complexities, obscurities, and changing landscape of subawards by examining recent OMB changes, potential risks, lesser known federal requirements, foreign subrecipient monitoring, and how to address high-risk subrecipients.
To subscribe to the GC-Updates list serve, click here.