New Indirect (F&A) Cost Rate
Effective July 1, 2023Jul 1, 2023
Effective July 1, 2023, the University's indirect (F&A) rates are as follows:
- On-Campus Research - 56% (previously was 55.5%)
- On-Campus Instruction - 42% (no change)
- On-Campus Other (Public Service) - 30% (previously was 26%)
- Off-Campus - 26% (no change)
The indirect (F&A) rate for private industry clinical trials remains 28% of total direct costs.
There are no changes to our rates from Non-Profit Associations and Foundations and we will continue to follow sponsor policy for those rates with 10% de-minims in the absence of a policy.
What does this mean?
- Any awards segments that were awarded before July 1, 2023, and are still active will remain with our previous F&A rate structure (e.g. on-campus research would be 55.5%).
- Any new awards received will be setup at the new rates as of July 1, 2023, This includes proposals that are in development or submitted and not yet awarded.