Determine if you need to submit for institutional approval
COMIRB's affiliated institutions each require investigators to submit for institutional approval prior to submitting to COMIRB. Please contact the appropriate institutional research office for each of the following sites involved with your research:
- CU Denver Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado Hospital, Children’s Hospital Colorado, or Highlands Ranch Hospital: Your research may need to be submitted through the Human Subject Research Portal to gain institutional approval. Check the HSR Portal page for submission requirements.
- Denver Health and Hospital Authority: Contact the SPARO Office at email@example.com
- Children's Hospital Colorado: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Any study taking place at CHCO must go through the HSR Portal and be reviewed by the CHCO Research Start-Up Committee.
- University of Colorado Cancer Center: Your research may need to be submitted to PRMS before COMIRB review.
- Denver VA Medical Center: Contact the Research Administrative Office at 303-399-8020 ext. 2755
- CU Denver Downtown Campus: Research conducted solely on the Downtown Denver Campus does not require any institutional approval in addition to COMIRB review. However, COMIRB review is still required.