Simplifying the COMIRB Application Form
A draft of a new, shorter application is available for review and comment. We welcome any and all feedback.
Access the application using the link on the right. If you have any comments or questions, please complete the feedback survey. If you have questions or comments about the application that you would prefer to discuss, please consider attending COMIRB Office Hours. Office hours are scheduled every Monday from 12 to 1pm.
This application will be for all research except secondary research. New COMIRB protocol templates with more instructions have also been published.
We intend to make the new application form fully available for use in the middle of April.
COMIRB initiated a quality improvement project in 2023 to simplify the main COMIRB Application Form. We are partnering with the Cancer Center and the Barbara Davis Center for Diabetes with guidance from the School of Medicine Institute for Healthcare Quality, Safety and Efficiency. We will also be seeking input from other stakeholders and holding focus groups for this project.
Broad goals are to:
- Reduce time and effort required by researchers, and
- Reduce time and effort required by COMIRB, while
- Ensuring regulatory compliance.
If you have previously completed the main COMIRB Application Form, please take a few minutes to share your experience by completing the short survey (linked to the right). You will also have the opportunity to provide your contact information if you are interested in participating in the QI focus groups.
The new COMIRB Application Form will be available before the end of the year.
Thank you for your help.
Questions and Comments
If you have questions or comments about this project, please contact the COMIRB Director: email@example.com
- John Heldens, COMIRB Director
- Cat Sutherland, COMIRB Assistant Director
- Tiffany Cull, Regulatory Affairs Project Manager, Oncology Clinical Research Support Team
- Patricia Gesualdo, Sr. Research Instructor, Barbara Davis Center for Diabetes
- IHQSE Coach: Emily Gottenborg, MD