Ship or Receive Hazardous Materials

Outbound shipment of chemical or radioactive materials is regulated by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and the International Air Transportation Association. Research-related transfers are also subject to additional criteria and may require completion of a Materials Transfer Agreement before shipping.


Email Hazardous Materials prior to shipping chemicals. Failure to do so may result in regulatory penalties.


State and federal regulations regarding radioactive shipments require specific packaging, labeling and documentation, and the completion of certain protective steps. Refer to section 3.2.9 of the Radiation Safety Manual, or contact Radiation Safety at (303) 724-0345.​