Annual Refresher HIPAA Training Beginning July 2022Nov 29, 2022
WHO: All CU Anschutz employees in all schools, departments, and units (unless you have taken part in the CU Medicine Provider Training in 2022)
*This includes basic scientists and central administration.
**This does not include students, contractors, Persons of Interest, and animal care personnel.
WHAT: Annual Refresher HIPAA Training
WHEN: Due by June 30, 2023 (fiscal year end) and on an annual basis thereafter
WHERE: CU Skillsoft training
WHY/PROCESS: Beginning July 2022, CU Anschutz will require annual HIPAA training:
- Auto-generated email reminders will be sent out, increasing in frequency, as the due date approaches. If you miss the deadline, your supervisor will be included on continuing reminder emails and both will be accountable for resolving the delinquency.
- Supervisors will be responsible for following their direct reports to completion and will be provided access to automated tools within Skillsoft to do so.
- Leadership will be provided reports to investigate barriers to completion.
- Failure to complete this required training is grounds for corrective action which might result in loss of access to CU IT systems or facilities.
- This training is expected to take approximately 40 minutes.